Ingolstadt possible line-up: Hansen – Matip, Tisserand, Bregerie – Hadergjonaj, Cohen, Morales, Suttner – Leckie, Lezcano, Kittel.
Absentees: Hartmann (thigh)
Coach: Maik Walpurgis
Mainz possible line-up: Lössl – Donati, Bell, Ramalho, Brosinski – Oztunali, Frei, Latza, de Blasis, Bojan, Cordoba.
Absentees: F Müller (adductor)
Coach: Martin Schmidt
- Ingolstadt will be missing Moritz Hartmann with Tobias Levels remaining doubtful
- Mainz will be without Emil Berggreen who is yet to recover from his injury
- Mainz’s Stefan Ball will return from his one match suspension to start at the back
- Ingolstadt are already eight points from the relative safety of the play-off place – such a deficit has never previously been overturned with nine games remaining.
- Mainz have lost seven of their last eight away games.
- Ingolstadt are by far the weakest home team in the Bundesliga, taking just nine of a possible 36 points.
- No player in either squad has more than four goals this campaign.
- Ingolstadt are yet to celebrate three victories against one club in their short Bundesliga history. Mainz could be the first.
- Die Schanzer scored their first-ever Bundesliga goal against the 05ers (1-0 at Mainz on Matchday 1 of 2015/16).
- Mainz has lost 7 of their last 8 away matches
- Ingolstadt last 3 matches against Mainz have been all under 2.5 Goals
- Ingolstadt has conceded at least 2 goals in each of the last 3 home matches in the Bundesliga