Arsenal are to miss Santi Cazorla who will likely make a comeback in January 2018. Danny Welbeck is expected to make a come back here and will provide some needed firepower for the gunners. Manchester City are top of the Premier League by five points and have scored a staggering 35 goals — 12 more than anyone else. Expect Goals galore in this match, on Wednesday they put four goals past Napoli in their Stadio San Paolo, a feet only managed by a visiting team to the Stadio San Paolo in an end-of-season Serie A match in 2015.
Manchester are in devastating form and could easily blow away Arsenal who have been missing the midfield influence of Santi Cazorla. Leroy sane has been in scintillating form and his pace on the break will cause Arsenal all sorts of problems. Manchester City have a tendency to staring their campaign very strongly and fading off as the weeks pass-by. But their robust defence this time round makes them favourites to capture the EPL Title at the end of May 2018, but only time will tell.
- Manchester City have only won one of their last nine matches against Arsenal in all competitions (D4 L4), with that victory coming in this exact fixture last season.
- Arsenal’s 2-0 victory at the Etihad in January 2015 remains the Gunners’ only away Premier League victory against the ‘big six’ since the start of the 2014/15 season (D7 L9).
- Manchester City have won all nine of their Premier League games in which they’ve led this season, while Arsenal have won the most games (3) and points (9) from losing positions so far.
- Manchester City are the third team in Premier League history to have won as many as 28 points from their first 10 games of the season. Chelsea (2005-06) and Manchester City (2011-12) also managed this, but had inferior GD to the current Man City effort. They both won the Premier League title at the end of those campaigns.
- The Citizens have scored 20 goals in their last four home Premier League games this season – that’s more than 18 of the other 19 clubs in the division have netted in total in their opening 10 games of 2017-18.
- The Gunners have won just 17 of the 45 away points available to them in 2017, winning five, drawing two and losing eight of their 15 games on the road.
- Pep Guardiola has won four of his five home meetings with Arsene Wenger in all competitions (D1) – his sides have never kept a clean sheet in that run but have scored 15 goals to Arsenal’s 5.
- Theo Walcott has scored more away goals at the Etihad Stadium than any other Arsenal player (3). However, he hasn’t started a Premier League game since April, playing just 46 minutes in the competition this season.
- Coming into this matchday, Leroy Sane has been involved in more goals than any other Premier League player this season (6 goals, 5 assists). The German scored both home and away against the Gunners in the Premier League last season.
- Sergio Aguero has scored five goals in his last seven matches for Manchester City against Arsenal in all competitions.