Didier Deschamps’ side will aim to continue their winning run by making it four wins on the bounce – by securing three points, when they visit the tiny nation of Luxembourg. France were unexpectedly held to a goalless match against the unfancied Belarus, but they made up for this by hammering Bulgaria 4-1, followed by wins over Netherlands and Sweden. History is also against Luxembourg, who have never played in the Euros or ever appeared in a World Cup.
France has also included in their squad the highly rate, eighteen-year-old Kylian Mbappe, who has been on fire for Monaco in Ligue 1 and unstoppable in the Champions league.
Luxembourg 0-2 France
France 2-0 Luxembourg
France 6-0 Luxembourg
Luxembourg 0-4 France
Luxembourg 0-1 France
- Luxembourg have lost six of their last eight matches
- France have won their last three matches and are undefeated in their World Cup Qualifier matches
- France have Only lost one of their last 17 matches
- France have defeated Luxembourg in their last 14 previous meeting
- France has defeated Luxembourg by at least 3 goals – in 10 of their last 16 victories against Luxembourg
Last World Cup qualifier result:
Luxembourg 1-3 Netherlands – Maxime Chanot
France 2-1 Sweden – Paul Pogba (Man Utd), Dimitri Payet (Marseille)